Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It Begins...

The countdown, that is. To my favorite day of the year: The Academy Awards.

32 days.

I have a few more movies to see before I comment on the nominations, but two quick thoughts before I return to a formidable stack of ungraded essays:

* I understand the rationale behind the new ten Best Picture nomination system, but it's overkill. Way too many movies. And with a trip to the movies averaging at 12 bucks per person (without snacks!), I don't see ten Best Picture nominations pushing people into theaters.

* On what planet does Penelope Cruz do anything (especially act!) better than Julianne Moore? Oy.

Don't forget! March 18th! I'm reading from my novel-in-progress at KGB Bar, 7 PM, as part of the amazing literary series called "Drunken! Careening! Writers!"

No comments: